Monday, August 15, 2016

The Seven Part Recipe for Mental Health - Journal

I continue in this veign on my recipe that includes, EXERCISE, FOOD, REST, MUSIC, SLEEP, amd HYDRATE.

This time I am talking about making entries in a JOURNAL.

The act of journaling helps to keep track of your thoughts, and get yourself organized. For my personal use, I use David Michael's The Journal 7 software which can be downloaded below:

http://www.davidrm.com/

There is even a 45 day Free trial which I found attractive. Besides going into the specifics of the software, the act of journaling allows you to also have a creative outlet with which you can possibly write your thoughts and emotions or personal beliefs. Sometimes, I write entries such as short stories, or other times I write things or people I have seen or done on a particular day. Other times, I record the entry as something I want to talk about that means something to me. The point is, that it can be about anything. You are the writer, the editor, and the reader. It is a journal, and for all sense of purpose, it is also private. You don't have to publish here. That's for another medium. In the software you can even add a password to make it more secure if you feel so. It is a very powerful word processing application that is quite helpful and handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment